Kirkleavington is a parish in the west division of the Wapentake of Langbaurgh.
The church is a perpetual curacy, dedicated to St. Martin, in the deanery of Cleveland.

Original parish registers [TA PR/KRV]

The original early registers were destroyed when the River Tees flooded in the mid-1700's. The incumbent at the time copied what he could from the most recent registers, but the rest were lost to posterity. Fortunately, a reasonable series of Bishop's Transcripts survive.

Baptisms 1734-1966
Marriages 1734-1992
Banns 1754-1812, 1823-1977
Burials 1734-1997

Bishop's Transcripts [BIHR]

Bap, Mar, Bur 1617, 1622, 1625, 1626, 1632, 1634, 1636-1638, 1664-1669, 1671-1673, 1675, 1676, 1678, 1681, 1689, 1692, 1694-1696, 1698-1702, 1705-1716, 1718-1728, 1730-1844, 1855-1867

IGI Coverage (1988 Parish and Vital Records List)

Baptisms 1730-1867 [BT]
Marriages 1730-1837 [BT]

Transcripts and Indices

Category Dates covered Type of transcript Index Location(s)
Baptisms 1617-1864 Typed No TA
Marriages 1622-1861 Typed No TA
Marriages 1626-1837 None Yes [JMI] TA
Burials 1622-1861 Typed No TA

Catholic Registers

Monumental inscriptions

Census indices

Other parish records

Enclosure records

Tithe records

Manorial documents

This page was last updated on 24 May, 2002